Monday, April 30, 2007

Slow-going recovery

Congrats to the GBTC teams that raced the Groton 10K on Sunday! Especially the men -- 2nd place finish overall is outstanding for a Grand Prix race. Wish I could have been there. The women's team also held its own with strong performances from Laura(who ran the Boston Marathon just 13 days prior), Liz, Famous, Fobert, and Christy.

My legs still feel like lead. Grrr! It is taking me a lot longer than I thought it would to recover. Recovery can really play mind games with you. I can barely manage to run for an hour at a very leisurely pace right now. Everyday I think - how did I just race a marathon? I am getting antsy and frustrated and want my legs to feel good again! Hopefully, I will feel better for the Grand Prix 5K this weekend. It will be an "interesting" race for me to say the least, since I am hardly in 5K shape, haven't done a speed workout in months, and generally feel that my ideal racing distance is about 15 miles longer than a 5K.

*megha

No comments: