Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Withdrawals

Long time no post. Long time no see. As many of you know, my Dad was diagnosed with Stage III melanoma not too long ago. The past few weeks have been busy with appointments and procedures all leading to his major surgery in 2 weeks. Needless to say my schedule has been hectic and therefore making it to practice has been difficult. Well last night I was heading in to run and just my luck, traffic was awful. I should have known, but I was hoping it would be moving at least. No such luck. I ended up bailing and heading to Blue Hills to run as I knew I would never make it to South Boston in time. My run was ok, but I think I am going through workout withdrawal. I miss you all!! I miss the warmups full of chatter and the feeling of running fast with a pack. I miss the weekly updates of what is new in everyone's life. I even miss Tom's crazy workouts. Amazing how that happens. My running has been less of a priority the past month which is the right thing, but it is hard for me. Running has always been the constant in my life. It still is, but I am not able to put in as much time as I would like. I know that once my Dad gets through his surgeries that will change. So right now I will just be patient.
That being said..next week I am determined to make it in to Southie even if I have to leave 2 hours early. Who knows what I can do for a workout, but seeing everyone will get me through whatever Tom thinks up.
Miss you all and see you soon.

-Lynn

3 comments:

Megha Doshi said...

Lynn -
You and your family are in all of our thoughts. We are all eager to train with you again. Practice has not been the same without you! Can't wait to see you on the track.
*megha

Anonymous said...

Lynn, we miss you, too! I think of you and your father often and hope for the best. We'll see you Tuesday.

Liz said...

We definitely miss you at practice. I hope the srgeries are successful. You know where we'll be...hope to see you soon!
Liz :-)